how we can help
helping everyone learn
Learn Devon is dedicated to supporting learners whether that is providing equipment and support or offering the ability to pay by instalments. We are here to help so if you feel you need any support at any point during your course please contact us.
learning support may include:
- equipment such as specialised computer keyboards, large screen computers, dictaphones or screen readers
- a learning support assistant to work with you in the classroom
- assistance in exams, such as extra time
- a hearing loop, coloured overlays and other aids and adaptations to support your learning
- study skills, portfolio building and organisational skills
To apply, make an appointment with your local learning support tutor.
your learning support co-ordinators
Jayne Doyle (North Devon), 01237 472462
Claire Allan (West Devon), 01822 613701
Joe Green and Jane Anning (East and South Devon), 01803 862020 or 01392 384075
or email email@example.com
Let us know if you think you need support as soon as you can so that we can put this in place. Don’t worry if you discover you need support during your course, talk to our learning support tutors – they’re here to help.
help with course fees/concessions
Due to changes in funding, we are not able to offer concessions or discounts for any non-qualification course. In addition, some courses that result in a qualification may not be eligible for concessions or discounts.
On many of our qualification courses you may be eligible for a concession. During the enrolment process you will be informed of which concessions are available.
English and maths courses up to and including Level 2 are usually free if you do not possess an English or maths qualification at the level you will be studying.
Note: some preparatory qualifications/units are not included, but might be included for learners who satisfy the Unemployment criteria below.
GCSE English and maths courses are free if you have not previously attained a grade C or above.
Other qualification courses (up to and including level 2) may attract a concession making the course free if you are aged 19 to 23 or are unemployed and seeking work subject to:
- Receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), including those receiving National Insurance Credits only
- Receipt of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and are in the work-related activity group (WRAG)
- Receipt of Universal credit earn less than 16 times the National Minimum Wage a week or £330 per month within the following groups as agreed with Jobcentre Plus (JCP): Work Preparation Group; Work-Focused Interview Group; All Work-Related Requirements Group.
For qualifications in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) up to and including Level 2 the courses are free for individuals who are unemployed criteria as indicated in the list above.
Learners who are 19 to 23 years old may be free if the qualification is their first full qualification at that level.
If you are claiming concessions you may also be eligible for help with the following:
- Childcare costs (Ofsted registered provider)
- Travel costs
- Course equipment
- Examination fees
- Care costs for a dependant
Funds are limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis. Application forms are available from your local centre.
paying by instalment
If your course fee is £100 or over you can pay by instalment. You will pay a quarter of the fee upfront followed by a further three instalments, paid by standing order. Please contact us for further information.