Many of our courses are delivered online.
The following points are provided for you to consider prior to your course starting:
- You receive the same quality of teaching and length of lesson as you would if based in a centre. We expect the same level of attendance, commitment to your work and behaviour in an online class as we would a face-to-face class.
- Where you are communicating with a member of staff on a 1:1 basis please remember they are ‘at work’ and therefore will behave in the same way as they would if they would be meeting you in person in one of our centres.
- Be mindful that you are visible to the outside world even while you are in your own home, consider your clothing and location, as well as anyone or anything else that might be in view of your webcam. Are you comfortable with other people seeing them? We encourage everyone to use their webcam to help them engage in the lesson, but if keeping your webcam turned off is better for you then we understand this. Please do discuss this with your tutor though.
- Think about the language you are using, is it appropriate? Don’t forget about any family members in the background.
- If you have any safeguarding concerns please talk to your tutor who will contact the safeguarding team.
Send us a message