We offer concessions on courses, for some subjects that lead to a qualification, and sometimes you will get the course for free.
Concessions are normally only available to learners aged 19 or over on the 31 August at the start of each academic year and who have been resident in the UK/EU for the past three years.
GCSE English and maths courses are free if you have not previously attained a GCSE in the subject at grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
For qualifications in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), up to and including Level 2, the courses are free for individuals who meet the unemployed criteria below, or who meet the low wage criteria. For most other qualification courses, up to and including Level 2, a concession which could make the course free, may be available:
- If you are aged 19 – 23
- If you are unemployed and seeking work
- Unemployed criteria: You must be unemployed, seeking work and in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Employment and Support Allowance (all categories)
- Universal Credit
- In receipt of other state benefits
- If you are a low wage earner (including self-employed and part-time workers) with a gross annual salary of less than £20,319
If you are claiming concessions, you may also be eligible for help with the following:
- Childcare costs (Ofsted registered provider)
- Travel costs
- Course equipment
- Examination fees
- Care costs for a dependent
This financial support is limited and will be available to eligible learners who apply for this additional funding. Application forms are available from your local centre.
Concessions may also be available on some non-qualification courses for learners whose household income is less than £20,319 per year or living in a supported living environment and who meet specific criteria. Please see our fees policy and the learner bursary for further information on this concession, or contact your local centre.
Paying by instalment
If your course fee is £100 or over you can pay by instalment. You will pay a quarter of the fee upfront followed by a further three instalments, paid by standing order. Please contact us for further information.
Send us a message