Learn Devon is dedicated to supporting learners in many different ways.
This might include providing equipment, resources in different formats or a Learning Support Assistant to work with you in a class or as part of a study programme. For courses that have a fee there is the ability to pay for courses by instalments.
At Learn Devon we have a dedicated learning support team working across the county for those needing advice or extra support. They are on hand to advise learners about the right course for them, help learners enrol on our courses and can continue supporting them throughout their learning journey. Any learner can request support.
We are here to help and our team of learning support co-ordinators are available to talk through any concerns before or after enrolment. It’s never too late to request support so learners can get in touch at any point in their learning journey. Contact your nearest centre to speak to our friendly team.
Examples of support at Learn Devon
There are many ways we can support you during your learning, here are a few examples:
- Meeting you before your course begins and showing you around the centre
- Financial support – discretionary support towards childcare, transport, books if you are on a course leading to a qualification; payment instalment plans for courses with a fee attached (*all subject to eligibility)
- We have a range of learning support resources available for you including specialised equipment and adapted resources
- If you need support in class, we have a team of Learning Support Assistants who can work with you on in a group or one-to-one basis
- If you enrol on our English or maths courses, you can access study and revision sessions
- If you are taking a qualification course we can arrange screening to ensure you get the access arrangements you require
- Exams access arrangements that might include extra time, rest breaks, a reader or a scribe
- Assistive technology for online courses such as close captioning
- Signposting to external sources of help or resources such as those provided by RNIB, Mencap and many others
For a discussion about support please contact your nearest centre.
Send us a message