Mindfulness for health and wellbeing
Who is this course for?
This course may suit you if you have an interest in learning about Mindfulness and how practising it can enhance your health and wellbeing.
These are short interactive online live courses aimed at building your skills and knowledge for developing your understanding around Mindfulness. They include practical elements and an opportunity to have live discussions with your tutor and others on the course.
This course is suitable for anyone who is able and willing to sit for short periods with a focus on their internal experience. No previous experience is necessary.
You will be working with your tutor in a virtual learning environment using an online video platform called Zoom. You will be accompanied in your virtual class, with other learners. Your tutor will give practical demonstrations, have discussions, set tasks, give feedback and will support you throughout the course.
With a growing and now substantial evidence base as a highly effective, therapeutic wellbeing practice, Mindfulness continues to gain popularity in people’s personal and professional lives all over the world. It now has a place in health, education and business.
In this 5 week free course you will learn what Mindfulness is and how to practice it in your daily life to help you to, for example:
• Take charge of stress and develop your ability to put your mind at ease
• Improve your mood, reconnect with positivity and build emotional resilience
• Develop self awareness and self
compassion – enabling you to get to know,
understand, manage and meet your physical,
mental and emotional needs more kindly.
• Reduce self criticism and judgement and increase patience and empathy towards yourself and others.
• Improve sleep
• Reduce the risk of headaches, migraines and other tension-related problems …. and more
The course will include –
• What Mindfulness is
• Different Mindfulness exercises – including some different short Meditations, a little gentle moving, stretching and relaxation – all using a combination of the senses, body, breath and imagination (every exercise is optional)
• Using Mindfulness with difficult thoughts and emotions to reduce their power over you and help you connect with positivity and wellbeing.
• Key approaches to making Mindfulness work for you.
Support and feedback
Your tutor will support you throughout the course through online face to face discussions and written feedback on your progress. You will work with your tutor on your personal goals within the structure of the course.
Additional costs and requirements
You will need a laptop / PC / phone / tablet with a camera and microphone/headphones and a good internet connection.
Will I have to do anything outside of the session?
Your tutor will suggest ideas on what to practice in your own time and will signpost you to other opportunities to support your learning.
Your tutor, Paul Beard, will encourage you to practice what you learn between sessions to help consolidate your knowledge, establish your Mindfulness practice and build your confidence (although it’s also fine if you choose not to).
About the tutor
Paul Beard (Dip. THY&R [Transformation Hatha Yoga], Dip P. Couns.Coach & OPRC Registered Teacher of Pure Meditation Foundation) is a qualified Yoga instructor, Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher and Coach.
Since 2001, Paul has been training and teaching individuals and groups in self-development, well-being and stress management practices.
He has also worked in a support worker role with people with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities.