Introduction to Mindfulness workshop
Who is this course for?
With a growing and now substantial evidence base as a highly effective wellbeing practice, Mindfulness is exploding in people’s personal and professional lives all over the world. It now has a place in health, education and business.
In terms of mental health, Mindfulness is now proven to be as good, if not better than medication for relieving anxiety and depression and is recommended by NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence) as an evidence-based treatment for depression.
If you like to take charge of stress, and feel more peace & happiness in your life, then this workshop is for you!
In this workshop you will be introduced to what Mindfulness is and how to practice it in your daily life to help you to, for example:
• Take charge of stress and develop your ability to put your mind at ease
• Increase awareness of the ‘autopilot’ within and that, in reality, you have choices over what you think, say and do in every moment
• Develop focus & concentration – helping you to build on your skills, strengths and talents, or develop new ones.
• Reduce self criticism and judgement and increase compassion and empathy towards yourself and others.
• Improve sleep and reduce the risk of headaches, migraines & other tension-related problems …. and more
The course will include –
• What Mindfulness is
• Different Mindfulness exercises – including some different short Meditations, gentle moving and stretching and some fun exercises – all using a combination of the senses, body, breath and imagination.
• The 7 characteristics of ‘doing’ and ‘being’ modes of mind
• Using Mindfulness with difficult thoughts & emotions to reduce their power over you and help you connect with natural positivity and wellbeing.
Support and feedback
Through your practice of the Mindfulness exercises taught and the impact on your life.
Paul will give each learner feedback within the sessions or outside of the sessions (as appropriate).
Additional costs and requirements
You will need to wear loose clothing, or at least clothing that is not too restrictive.
Please bring a notebook and pen.
Will I have to do anything outside of the session?
Paul will encourage you to practice what you learn outside of the sessions as this will help to consolidate your learning and notice the effect on your daily life of practicing Mindfulness. However, this is a recommendation rather than a requirement and how much/little you do is entirely your choice.
About the tutor
Paul Beard (Dip. THY&R [Transformation Hatha Yoga], Dip P. Couns.Coach & SRMHC Registered Teacher of Pure Meditation Foundation) is a qualified Yoga instructor, Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher and Coach.
Since 2001, Paul has been training and teaching individuals and groups in self-development, well-being and stress management practices, all with Mindfulness at their core.