Introduction to mindfulness techniques
Who is this course for?
Regular Mindfulness practice is now proven to be highly effective at enabling people to manage and reduce stress and significantly improve overall wellbeing. It is being used by more and more people in their personal and professional lives all over the world. In the UK, Mindfulness now has a place in health, education and business.
In terms of mental health, Mindfulness is now proven to be as good, if not better than medication for relieving anxiety and depression and is recommended by NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence) as an evidence-based treatment for depression.
If you like to find out how Mindfulness can support you to take charge of stress, feel more peace & happiness and enhance your overall wellbeing, then this introductory workshop is for you!
In this introductory workshop, you will learn:
• What Mindfulness is
• Some introductory Mindfulness exercises, using a combination of the senses, body and breath
• How to practice it in your daily life
Benefits of practicing Mindfulness regularly include:-
• Take charge of stress and develop your ability to put your mind at ease
• Increase awareness of the ‘autopilot’ within all of us and that, in reality, you have choices over what you think, say and do in every moment
• Develop focus & concentration – helping you to build on your skills, strengths and talents, or develop new ones
• Reduce self criticism and judgement and increase compassion and empathy towards yourself and others
• Improve sleep and reduce the risk of headaches, migraines & other tension-related problems
…. and more
Support and feedback
Through your practice of the Mindfulness exercises taught and the impact on your life afterwards.
Additional costs and requirements
You will need to wear loose comfortable clothing, or at least clothing that is not too restrictive.
Please bring a notebook and pen.
There are no extra costs.
Will I have to do anything outside of the session?
Paul will encourage you to practice what you learn in your own time.
About the tutor
Paul Beard (Dip. THY&R [Transformation Hatha Yoga], Dip P. Couns.Coach & OPRC Registered Teacher of Pure Meditation Foundation) is a qualified Yoga instructor, Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher and Coach.
Since 2001, Paul has been training and teaching individuals and groups in self-development, well-being and stress management practices, all with Mindfulness at their core.
He has also worked in the mental health field for most of his adult life.