Get online: Using national government services online
Who is this course for?
Suitable for anyone who has basic computer skills.
Practical work – accessing the site/s, registering and using.
Using national government services online such as:
Applying for car tax online
Applying for a passport online
Details about other public services that can be accessed online including:
• Applying for a driving licence or booking a driving test
• Applying for a student loan
• Paying for your TV licence
• Registering to vote
• Applying for income support and benefits
And where to go to access them
Using local government services online
• Complaining about Potholes
• Giving their local council a compliment
Looking at the benefits of using online services
• Searching GOV.UK:
• Online transactions
• Using local government websites
• Universal Credit: a how to guide
• What is Universal Credit?
• What you’ll need to claim Universal Credit
• How to claim Universal Credit
Support and feedback
Tutor will work with you as you access and use the websites and devices
Additional costs and requirements
You are welcome to bring your own tablet/laptop/smart phone but not required
Will I have to do anything outside of the session?
About the tutor
Paul Milsom teaches a variety of subjects;- I.T. Photography , Employability skills.
Paul has worked as a Broker, Manager and Technical Adviser