Emailing and using the internet on your tablet
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for people with basic knowledge of using ICT.
1. Send and receive email using the general email app or specific apps
a. the Gmail app
b. Yahoo mail app
c. Outlook app
2. Sharing photos by email
3. Create folders for your emails
4. Create a signature for your messages
5. Browse the web using
a. The Safari app (Apple)
b. The Google Chrome app
6. Add websites to Favourites or Bookmarks
7. Using and clearing history
8. Private browsing
Support and feedback
One- to-one discussions with your tutor and general group discussion
Additional costs and requirements
You should bring your tablet, a notebook/notepaper and pen. There are no additional costs.
About the tutor
I have been teaching in Adult Learning for 17 years and before that did various university jobs while moving around the country with my family. I did a Masters degree in Computing Science at University of Newcastle on Tyne and a PGCE at Plymouth University.
Until recently I have been teaching courses at Entry Level and Levels 1 and 2 in ITQ and Web Design and Image Editing and Family History courses.
Lately I have been teaching courses on:
• Getting to Know your iPad
• Using Price Comparison Websites
• Making an electronic Photobook
• What is the Cloud?
• Shopping Online
I enjoy teaching and meeting a variety of different learners.
Sheila Barton – Tutor, Learn Devon