Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for people with basic knowledge of using ICT.
1. Using gestures
• using the Control Centre
2. Using the keyboard
• cut, copy and paste/predictive text /spellings/autocorrect
3. More about security and general settings
4. Using the app store to download popular apps like Maps
• Download and play music, podcasts, TV programmes and eBooks
5. Changing Wallpaper and sound
6. Using the camera and photos apps
• Edit, organise and share photos and create a slideshow
7. Use iCloud to backup and synchronise
8. Use Siri
9. Video calling – FaceTime
10. Questions and answers
Support and feedback
One- to-one discussions with your tutor and general group discussion
Additional costs and requirements
You should bring your iPad, a notebook/notepaper and pen. There are no additional costs.
About the tutor
I have been teaching in Adult Learning for 17 years and before that did various university jobs while moving around the country with my family. I did a Masters degree in Computing Science at University of Newcastle on Tyne and a PGCE at Plymouth University.
Until recently I have been teaching courses at Entry Level and Levels 1 and 2 in ITQ and Web Design and Image Editing and Family History courses.
Lately I have been teaching courses on:
• Getting to Know your iPad
• Using Price Comparison Websites
• Making an electronic Photobook
• What is the Cloud?
• Shopping Online
I enjoy teaching and meeting a variety of different learners.
Sheila Barton – Tutor, Learn Devon