Flex to Learn: An overview
Who is this course for?
If you are:
• working in The Care Sector and are not always able to attend regular classroom learning due to irregular work patterns;
• unemployed and seeking work in the Care Sector but are not able to attend regular classroom learning due to family commitments;
• unemployed and caring for someone in your family which makes attending regular classroom learning difficult;
and want to improve your skills, you will be able to benefit from our Flex 2 Learn courses. The courses are free to the learners who satisfy all of Learn Devon’s normal conditions.
Subjects available through Flex 2 Learn:
• English – Level 2 Writing and Reading;
• Maths – Level 1 and 2
• ESOL – Level 1 and Level 2 Reading.
To suit your work or caring or working commitments we are offering these courses either entirely online or a blend of online and classroom based learning.
Support and feedback
Tutor support will be available for any extra help you may need. You will learn through a mixture of working with others and on your own. There will be whole class teaching too. You will do some research work, reading and some activities using a computer. You will be encouraged to be responsible for your own learning. An individual learning plan will be used to record your targets and achievements.
Additional costs and requirements
A4 file, writing materials and lined paper to be brought to the first session (or to be used on the online course).
We will provide a laptop to enable access to the courses if you do not have your own.
You will be asked to attend an initial assessment to find out what level you will be working at and whether studying entirely online or a mix of classroom and online would suit you. – there are no formal entry requirements. You will be asked to take part in some surveys during this course to find out how the Flex to Learn project has been for you.
Will I have to do anything outside of the session?
There will be a certain amount of independent study with online support available. – Weekly homework will be used to practise, check understanding of topics covered, and provide feedback on progress.