Who is this course for?
This course is for adults with learning difficulties. Complete beginners are welcome.
For mental health, Mindfulness is now proven to be as good, if not better than medication for relieving anxiety and depression and is recommended by NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence) as an evidence-based treatment for depression.
Practicing Mindfulness regularly – if only for a few minutes, or even a few seconds at a time – helps you to…
• feel more relaxed
• develop self awareness
• manage emotions
• manage stress & anxiety
• develop focus & concentration – so that you can complete tasks more easily & satisfactorily and develop your existing skills, strengths and talents, or develop new ones
• Reduce self-criticism and judgement and increase friendliness towards yourself and others.
• Improve sleep and reduce the risk of headaches, migraines & other tension or stress-related problems
On this course you will learn…
• What Mindfulness and Meditation are
• Some different simple and easy Mindfulness exercises, all using a combination of your senses, physical sensations and your breathing. All the exercises are optional and you don’t have to take part if you don’t want to.
Support and feedback
Your tutor will keep you informed with your achievements.
Additional costs and requirements
You do not need to bring anything with you and there are no extra costs
Will I have to do anything outside of the session?
No, you don’t need to do any preparation.
About the tutor
Paul Beard (Dip. THY&R [Transformation Hatha Yoga], Dip P. Couns.Coach & SRMHC Registered Teacher of Pure Meditation Foundation) is a qualified Yoga instructor, Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher and Coach.
Since 2001, Paul has been training and teaching individuals and groups in self-development, well-being and stress management practices.