Yoga matters workshop
Who is this course for?
This course is for adults with learning difficulties. Complete beginners are welcome.
In this simple, easy 2 hour introductory workshop you will learn…
• Some easy, gentle Yoga stretches
• How to improve your breathing whilst you move into and out of the stretches
• Learning ways to relax in your mind and your body.
• Everything is optional and you don’t have to take part if you don’t want to.
Yoga doesn’t have to be about getting your feet behind your head! In fact it doesn’t have to be hard at all! It’s all about gently stretching as far as you can comfortably – no matter what abilities or disabilities you have.
It’s also about just feeling happier and healthier in yourself.
Practicing Yoga can help you to…
• feel more relaxed and peaceful
• reduce tension & stiffness in your body
• develop self awareness
• manage emotions
• manage stress & anxiety
• develop focus & concentration – so that you can complete daily tasks more easily & satisfactorily and develop your existing skills, strengths and talents, or develop new ones
• Improve sleep and reduce the risk of headaches, migraines & other tension or stress-related problems
Paul will make sure there are stretches that everyone can do, no matter how far or how little you can stretch.
For example, if you have a physical disability, you could do the whole session on chair or in a wheelchair if you need to.
Support and feedback
Your tutor will keep you informed with your achievements.
Additional costs and requirements
Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
Paul will provide yoga mats, cushions and chairs.
Will I have to do anything outside of the session?
No, you don’t need to do any preparation.
About the tutor
Paul Beard (Dip. THY&R [Transformation Hatha Yoga], Dip P. Couns.Coach & SRMHC Registered Teacher of Pure Meditation Foundation) is a qualified Yoga instructor, Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher and Coach.
Since 2001, Paul has been training and teaching individuals and groups in self-development, well-being and stress management practices.